Cowrie Partners is a firm of commercial lawyers focused on finance and
investments. Cowrie Partners is delighted to present its inaugural Nigeria Agriculture Investment Conference, tagged "Transforming Nigeria into a global food powerhouse"
will hold on September 25, 2014 in Lagos to focus on sustainable
sources of Agriculture funding and how to address the attendant risks.
This conference shall be held annually to create the forum to address
topical issues pertaining to investment in Nigeria Agriculture.
Conference Objectives & Benefits
This Conference has the following objectives:
1. Educate key
investors and financiers about the prospects and the opportunities open
to private sector players in the Nigerian Agriculture sector.
2. Showcase in
practical terms how investors can navigate the regulatory environment
and structure their investments whilst addressing the attendant risks.
3. Bring together the public and
private sectors to generate ideas that will provide useful inputs to the
necessary review of relevant laws, regulations and policies to bring
them in line with international best practise leading to the creation of
the environment that attracts fresh investments and sustains
The conference will be a one day
intensive event featuring Keynote speeches and Special Presentations.
Almost 2 hours is reserved for audience questions and intervention so as
to obtain quality contributions from stakeholders.
Opening/Keynote Speeches: The
Hon. Ministers of Agriculture, Water and Trade and key members of the
National Assembly are billed to deliver Keynote Addresses to set the
tone for the Conference.
Special Presentations: In-depth
special presentations on topical issues will be delivered by select
local and international industry experts and leaders.
Rapporteurs: The proceedings and recommendations arising from this conference will be produced by Accenture and Cowrie Partners and delivered to the relevant authorities and interested conference delegates.
- The case for investing in Nigerian agriculture- Why agriculture is an attractive investment opportunity right now in Nigeria.
- Helping small agriculture producers grow into larger enterprises.
- An expert guide to the Nigerian environment for international investors (legal and regulatory).
- Risk Management and Hedging Strategies-Identify key risks including climatic, social and political, economic and commercial.
- How to achieve self sufficiency in livestock and fish production.
- Linking insurance to agriculture-finance: bringing insurance products to address production and revenue risks.
- How best to structure an investment in Nigerian agriculture.
We expect that as much as 200 delegates
will attend this event from within and outside of Nigeria. These will be
made up of the organized private sector, Companies in the Agriculture
and allied industries, Nigeria’s international development partners,
Nigerian Banks and international financiers, Private Equity Fund
Managers, Commercial Lawyers, Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds and
Multilateral Financial Institutions, Embassies and Academics.
This event will also provide a forum for
international and local investors to meet one-on-one with major players
in agri-business and key government officials thus establishing the
necessary rapport that leads to the making of beneficial investments.
Why You Must Attend
- You will get an update on the prospects and the opportunities open to private sector players in the Nigerian Agriculture sector.
- You will meet with high level government officials, international
investors and regulators and through direct interaction with them you
will gain a better understanding of the Nigerian Infrastructure space.
For more information on how to attend, Click HERE