Young Innovators in Agribusiness Competition
is designed for East African youth owned Start-Ups and SMEs to generate
creative idea and activities that can attract potential investors and
stakeholders through competition. The competition
also offers East Africans and Ethiopia, Mauritius, Seychelles and Madagascar
youth owned start-ups and SMEs an opportunity to participate in the region’s
agricultural value chains to exhibit their work in a regional Trade Fair and
win over USD 20,000 cash awards in May 2016.
- Business should be owned/founded by individuals/groups aged 18 – 35
- Business should be two years and above in operation (registered
name and its legal status, sole proprietor, partnership and company, etc).
- Business should have a defined model (beyond idea stage).
- Business should be within the agricultural value chain/food chain
- The competition is open to nationals who own businesses and
start-ups from East African Community Members States and Ethiopia,
Madagascar, Seychelles and Mauritius.
- Submission must be written in English
- Entry should be submitted as per the template provided
- Deadline: October 30, 2015
- The business model should promote aggregation of small holder
farmers and demonstrate agribusiness value chain awareness.
- The business model should be innovative and provide solutions that
will reduce post-harvest losses through better crop handling solutions,
cold storage models, transportation and logistics.
- The business model should promote the provision of high quality
inputs and support the promotion of intra-regional trade.
- The business model should show market-driven applications of
existing regional agricultural standards.
To participate in the competition, kindly
submit your entry HERE
Labels: Competitions/Fellowships, Management/Financing